Born in Henrietta, Ohio, in 1900, Harry James Dunlap lived and farmed in nearby LaGrange from 1930 until the late 1940’s when he moved to Tampa.
In 1948, he co-founded AM-1050 WHBO and was its first general manager. As president of Sulphur Springs Broadcasters, Inc., he set up offices and studios in the Sulphur Springs Arcade and Hotel on North Nebraska Avenue. They remained at that location until relocated to the North Florida Avenue tower site in 1954.
When WHBO was sold to Gateway Broadcasters, Inc., in 1956, Dunlap moved to Elyria, Ohio, and went to work for Elyria Dairy. He passed away June 9, 1980, shortly after celebrating his 80th birthday.
(Thanks to Earl Polk for this bio information)
1948 - 1956 Other Tampa Bay Area Stations (Management)