Other Stations - - Who's Who - Details

WHGS - A History

WHGS-FM 90.3 Haines City – In 1984, Jack Moseman, a member of Haines City’s Landmark Baptist Church, filed an application as Haines City Public Radio, Inc. for an FM at 89.3 mHz. That frequency application was dismissed by the FCCm but another, for 90.3 mHz, was accepted.

By the summer of 1986, WHGS (“Haines City’s Gospel Sound”), a 1200-watt FM was on the air, broadcasting from studios at the transmitter/tower site at 110 Scenic HIghway, off U.S. 27 in Haines City.

In 1989, Moseman sold the station to Landmark Baptist Church, which owned Haines City daytimer WLVF AM-930. The following year, 90.3 flipped its calls to WLVF-FM and programmed a simulcast of the AM’s southern gospel music.


(Please contact us if you have additional information to share about WHGS.)

Station History

1986 - 1990 Other Polk County Stations (History)

Home | WPLA | WONN | WLAK | Other Stations | Related Links | Contact Us

© 2017 RadioYears.com All rights reserved.
Built by fusionZONE, Inc.