Other Stations - - Who's Who - Details

WYAK - A History

WYAK-FM 102.5 Sarasota – Multitone Music Corp. (James E. Grant, president/GM/sales manager) put Sarasota’s 102.5 WYAK-FM on the air in late 1960. The frequency was previously licensed as St. Petersburg’s WTSP-FM until the Rahall Brothers let the station go silent after acquiring WTSP-AM in 1956.

With its 2.75-kilowatts, WYAK started out programming a country music format from studios at 1373 Fifth Street, near Central Avenue, in Sarasota, next to its 265-foot broadcast tower.

In 1967, WYAK was acquired by Pan Florida, Inc. (Harry H. Foster, president) and became WSAF-FM.

Other names from WYAK-FM history include William T. Watrous (PD-1961), David J. Bender (promotions-1961), Harold J. Bische (chief engineer-1961), and Bob Partee.

(Please contact us if you have additional information to share about WYAK.)

 

Station History

1960 - 1967 Other Tampa Bay Area Stations (History)

Home | WPLA | WONN | WLAK | Other Stations | Related Links | Contact Us

© 2017 RadioYears.com All rights reserved.
Built by fusionZONE, Inc.