WDDV - A History
WDDV-AM 1320 & WDDV-FM 92.1 Venice – In 1999, Clear Channel’s 6,000-watt 92.1 FM, previously WCTQ, became The DoVe WDDV. Studios were located at the tower site at 282 N. Auburn Road in Venice.
In 2005, the WDDV calls and easy listening Dove music format were moved to the company’s AM-1320 WAMR and re-branded 1320 The Dove WDDV. The FM then became 92.1 Lite FM WLTQ.
WDDV-AM was headquartered in Sarasota’s Clear Channel cluster at 1779 Independence Boulevard. A transmitter site, off Auburn Road, powered five kilowatts days and 1,000 watts at night from a directional three-tower array. Its AC/oldies format was also simulcast on Sarasota’s WSDV-AM 1450.
Clear Channel re-launched both The Dove 1450 WSDV and The Dove 1320 WDDV as Sunny 1450/1320 in January 2014. Fourteen months later, the company (which had become iHeartMedia) flipped WDDV-AM 1320 to a news/talk format and again simulcasted programming with WSDV-AM 1450 in Sarasota as Newsradio 1320/1450.
Names from WDDV history include Sherri Carlson (GM-2006) and Tim White (chief engineer 2006-2009).
(Please contact us if you have additional information to share about WDDV.)
2005 - 2016 Other Tampa Bay Area Stations (History)