Other Stations - - Who's Who - Details

WGNP - A History

WGNP-AM 1520 Indian Rocks Beach – WGNP signed on the air in 1963 and was a sister station to St. Pete’s WGNB-FM (which became Keswick Radio WKES in 1974). Its format of light classical and classical music with religious and educational programming was also simulcast on the FM.

WGNP was owned by the World Christian Radio Foundation Inc. (C.W. Caldwell, president/GM) which operated Keswick Christian School at 10101 54th Avenue North in Seminole where the station offices and studios were located. To protect other stations on clear channel 1520 kHz, WGNP was a one-kilowatt daytime-only operation.

In 1968, the name of WGNP’s licensee changed to Southern Keswick Inc. (C.W. Caldwell, president/GM). WGNP became WGNB-AM in 1975 and was acquired by the Moody Bible Institute of Chicago in 1977.

Another name from WGNP history is Manley St. Jean (chief engineer).


(Please contact us if you have additional information to share about WGNP.)

Station History

1963 - 1975 Other Tampa Bay Area Stations (History)

Home | WPLA | WONN | WLAK | Other Stations | Related Links | Contact Us

© 2017 RadioYears.com All rights reserved.
Built by fusionZONE, Inc.